Friday, April 27, 2012

Ford And Color

Tom Ford has forever forged his name on the fashion industry as a style icon and a fashion mavrick.
My first exposure to this genius was when he designed for Gucci and YSL  1995-2004. Absolutely brilliant.  In my humble opinion, he loved women, and was passionate about their appearance and it read with every garment that he put on the rack.  I wanted to own everyone of the pieces, some more then others. 
My first Tom Ford item started with his fragrance and then grew gradually grew into bigger ticketed items.

I wanted to savoir every piece I purchased.  I wanted it slowly, I wanted it all in perfect timing for the perfect occassion.

Although I grew up in a household where fashion was a given, recognizable designers was a topic of regular conversation.  My mom was the original style icon to me, lady Adrienne Leon.
Her beauty draw was filled with nail polish, lipstick, mascara, hair extensions, and perfumes.

So when I found out that Tom Ford added nail polish to his repertoire I had to have it.  Again, the obssession with this man may not be natural but it exist and I admit it.

So as I rush to the set of Harpers Bazaar this morning, I am even more excited because I must make a stop, to my agency and do a pick-up. A gift from non other then Tom Ford.  Maybe not him personally by from his office.  At the moment I will settle for that, because in due time I will meet him and thank him for loving women so much to create such beautiful garments, work of art, and now cosmetics.  More reason for us to meet.

As I slowly, open the bag with anticipation for what I know will be a gift from an angel, I am presently surprised, as I open first the nail polishes of course and begin to examine the colors.  Absolutely stunning.  Please don't get me wrong, the colors are not new, but the packaging is absolutely amazing.  The caps, the shape fo the rectangular bottles, the perfectly designed logo, his initials, TF. Perfect.  I open the bottle and the moment of truth...the brush, hmm.. well done.  I begin to stroke my nails with the brush of color and voila, yes!  It is perfectly mixed.  Not to thick, not to watery, I AM IN LOVE!  Tom Ford your remain a genius.

The colors are not only perfect in selection, consistency, but they dry rather quick.  After two strokes and by the time I finish polishing two layers of the colors, before I can put on the top coat its almost dry. This is a manicurists dream.

Today I introduce you to my four new favorite colors: (Index to pinky finger)

Fever Pink
Carnaval Red
Coral Blame
Bitter Bitch



Until the next time my beauties... run do not walk to your closest laptop and place your order.  Go to your Iphone and click.  It is a must have for the summer toes and fingers.  www.tomford.com

No comments:

Post a Comment